Thursday, September 20, 2012

Week 1- DIY Wreaths

      Last month, I happened across a pin that led me to a website with 80 different wreaths!  I have to admit, I could not resist scrolling through to the very last one! My eyes danced across the screen landing first on a simple elegant all cream number, and then a buttery yellow yarn delight. 

     The combinations of color and fabric are endless and allow each crafter to create a masterpiece that speaks to their style. Yarn, burlap, torn fabric, branches or pinecones… you name it and we can make a wreath with it. Thank goodness it is appropriate to have a wreath up on your door or mantel during every season and every holiday. So let’s get to it!
 Here are some wreaths featured on My blessed life (http://myblessedlife.net/), a blog that I adore and get a lot of my inspiration from. 



The recipe for a beautiful wreath is pretty simple. Gather all of your scrap materials, leftovers from other projects and make pretties with them. On this wreath that I made, I used a wreath form (Styrofoam or straw will do), yarn, and a variety of scrap material and ribbon to make flowers. 

You will want to start by wrapping the yarn as closely and evenly as possible around the form, using a hot glue gun to glue into place. 
  I then took two kinds of ribbon and two different fabrics and made flowers.

 I followed the tutorials from these incredible ladies here:

 Mazie Hutton

                                                               
My Sparkle
 

Here are my first attempts at flowers:


And my attempts at wrapping the wreath form: 



 The finished products:


The options are endless and the seasons are abundant with reasons to make pretty wreaths. Good luck with your next creation & God bless you all!!

-Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment